Thank you for choosing our office for your dental needs. Dental treatment is an excellent investment in an individual’s medical and psychological well-being. Financial considerations should not be an obstacle to obtaining this important, life-enhancing care. We are always available to answer your questions or assist you in any way we can.
We accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
While your dental health is critical to your well-being, we understand that cost is an important part of making a decision about undergoing treatment. With respect to cosmetic treatments, a good general guide is that each veneer costs approximately $2,200.00. Below is a chart showing the approximate cost estimate for a variety of dental care treatment scenarios:
Cosmetic Dental Treatment Cost Estimate:
Simple restorative treatments such as composite bonding or single tooth aesthetic improvement: $1,000.00 to $2,200.00;
Straight-forward cosmetic enhancement such as a few veneers or Invisalign treatment: $2,300.00 to $8,000.00.
Complete smile rejuvenation with multiple veneers on upper teeth and whitening the remaining: $8,000.00 to $20,000.00.
Complex cases involving full-mouth reconstruction, smile makeover, involving, potentially, veneers for top and bottom teeth, implants and/or crowns: $20,000.00+
Time estimates for the various potential cosmetic treatment options are as follows:
- Simple restorative treatments such as composite bonding or single tooth aesthetic improvement: 1 Day;
- Simple cosmetic improvement such as a few veneers: 2 visits, 1 day to 3 weeks;
- Treatments requiring oral surgery or healing time: 2 weeks to 4 months;
- Complex multidisciplinary cases involving other specialists: 9 to 12 months.
While each case is different, we hope that you will find these general guidelines helpful. We understand that dental care is not the only demand on your busy lifestyle, so we work closely with your schedule to meet your deadlines. Sometimes patients must travel, work, or are planning an important event (e.g. public appearance, wedding, etc.). We will work with you to schedule your treatments in a way that meet your deadlines while accommodating your normal life. Please contact our office to get more specific information about your case or to schedule your first visit.
DENTAL INSURANCE FAQS*:
Does Dental Insurance Cover Cosmetic Dentistry?
- Understanding what differentiates your procedures from “elective” and “restorative” is the key differentiator.
When Treatments are “Elective”
- An elective dental procedure is one that you choose to have completed, even if you don’t need it for health purposes. For example, if your teeth are free of decay or disease, but you don’t like the way they look, having them enhanced would be an elective procedure.
- Dental insurance usually does not cover elective types of dental procedures such as cosmetic dentistry. Some common examples would include cosmetic veneers or teeth whitening.As discussed below, there are exceptions to this rule. For example, some patients have a type of irregularity on a front tooth that needs to be repaired, but a dental crown would be too aggressive to the rest of the tooth structure. A veneer or cosmetic bonding would be less invasive and serve as a restorative-type procedure. If such a situation arises, we will submit our case notes, photographs, and X-rays your dental insurance company in an effort to convince them to pay for the treatment.
- As discussed below, there are exceptions to this rule. For example, some patients have a type of irregularity on a front tooth that needs to be repaired, but a dental crown would be too aggressive to the rest of the tooth structure. A veneer or cosmetic bonding would be less invasive and serve as a restorative-type procedure. If such a situation arises, we will submit our case notes, photographs, and X-rays your dental insurance company in an effort to convince them to pay for the treatment.
Some Restorative Treatments are Cosmetic Dentistry
- Restorative dental treatments are almost always covered by your dental insurance. Restorations include things like fillings and crowns. It can also include dental implant therapy, depending on the specifics of your plan.
- Restorations can be made in ways that are aesthetically pleasing and can therefore make up a crucial part of your smile makeover and still be covered by your insurance. When we use white composite fillings, or ceramic restorations to address physical damage to your teeth, you have a better chance of them being covered by your dental insurance.
A Combination of Treatments
- Every smile makeover is unique. Dr. Roshan will evaluate your needs on a comprehensive and tooth-by-tooth basis. In some situations, a variety of restorative and elective treatments are used to achieve an overall goal. If you need to whiten your teeth before replacing a single porcelain crown (crowns can’t be whitened after they’re placed) you would have to pay for the whitening out of pocket, before filing the crown against your insurance benefits.
- As part of your cosmetic dentistry plan, we will provide a variety of options and a detailed breakdown as to what is covered (or not) by your insurance benefit package.
- In most cases, you can easily finance the portion of your treatment that isn’t covered by insurance, making it more affordable. If your insurance pays more than you expect, you’re left with a lower out-of-pocket amount.
Please speak with our Financial Coordinator to find out which types of cosmetic restorative treatments are covered by your insurance.
When it comes to achieving a flawless smile, look no further than the expertise of our best cosmetic dentist in Washington, DC. Whether you desire veneers for a complete smile makeover or need professional assistance to fix a broken, chipped, or dark tooth, our skilled team is dedicated to providing exceptional results. With years of experience and advanced techniques, we understand that each patient's needs are unique. Trust us to transform your smile into one that exudes confidence and radiance - call us at (202) 785-4141 and schedule an appointment today!